Monday 26 March 2012

Man on the Silver Mountain

Today, my crew mate, Jamie, and I went on a walk up to where I'd been yesterday, and beyond. It turns out I'd taken the wrong marked route on my solo hike. The description I had been given early yesterday transpires to be of a more popular trail, which is pretty and forgiving, including nice wooden stairs and wild strawberries. This explains why I had been the only one with complaints about the "walk", not to mention, the only one who came back with an arse covered in mud.


In the "beyond" section of today's trail, the snow is making things a bit spicy. A steep moutain path, with loose ground, covered ice, then covered in soft snow is not making for ideal trekking. We were following footsteps in the snow ten minutes ago, but I don't know where the heck those guys went. No one's come through here recently.

A few more increasingly treacherous slips and slides later, we've had all the spice we want and pull a U-turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment