Monday 16 April 2012

Eye of the Tiger

Much of the day was spent finish my work of the previous morning, single-handedly cleaning Pelagic´s yucky bilges. I finish with the engine bilge, and the boss is happy with the job. I found that the trick is to transfer all the oil and general unpleasantness to my clothes and skin. Great effort was spent degreasing myself, and I suspect a pair of white shorts can only be cleansed by fire.

In the evening, we enjoy a well deserved bike ride around the pretty Uruguayan coast as the sun sinks into the sea. On our return, I´ve worked up a taste for exercise. Running the length of the beach in the dark does the trick. Ideally, I´d like to throw on a tank top and run it in the sun, chased by Carl Weathers, but I´ve no idea  how to get hold of him. Perhaps, in place of Carl, I can persuade ´alf swiss to join me.

At the halfway point of that run, I´ve found a train of a few thousand big black ants pulling chunks out of a bin on the beach and taking them off into the dark. I wonder, if ants can carry ten times their weight, why don´t they? I found the best of them to be carrying a little over half his weight, and struggling badly. He was lost and going the wrong way until his friends turned him around. I don´t think these ant´s are so strong. I think these ant scientists are full of shit. I think Mariusz "The Dominator" Pudzianowski would easily defeat an equally size ant, theoretically.

No comments:

Post a Comment