Friday 15 June 2012

Magic Touch

The day is reserved for England vs. Sweden. A couple of fellow Englishmen and I make our way to the Irish pub. I´m thrilled to hear that this pub serves Greene King IPA and Old Speckled Hen. All the pilsner beers out here, certainly through Bolivia and Peru, are almost exclusively awful.

The game is a typically nervous watch throughout, but unusually, a good performance on our part. It´s almost unrecognisable from the lukewarm, directionless show England usually provide. The first Swedish goal reveals a table of Swedes. The second English goal reveals that my new friends and I are terrible singing louts. What is disappointing is the ale. It doesn´t have the mouthfeel that it should. It´s more like an ale flavoured water. I can only drink one and half anyway, because I´ve setup a test drive on the Honda Tornado RX 250 immediately afterwards.

As best I can tell, the Tornado is the same as the Baja, but with a cooler name. This one is red. After a short test drive, my obviously terrible clutch control is revealed.

An hour later, my feel for the clutch is a lot better. It´s not perfect, but I can usually get her in motion first time. I´m thinking that if I get a good feel for her on a half day tour tomorrow, I could take her all the way over to Machupicchu.

No comments:

Post a Comment