Thursday 21 June 2012

Can I Play with Madness

Back in Cusco, I´m satisifed that my long awaited completion of the tourist trail is finally over. As one might guess from odd comments in my recent writing, I´ve got an eye on my return to the merry old land of England. After my afternoon "you´re out" exit meeting from the bank, as I left the room, I turned to Big Al and Adam with a smile and a parting comment that we all knew to be true: "Someone had to end the madness." Out here, it´s a very different kind of madness, but I´m pretty much over this travelling thing.

That said, there´s still a hell of a lot of this continent left. If I´m sailing back, I´ve got to get up to Panama or so, through at least Ecuador and Columbia. Then, there´s the Gallapagos, which I should probably check out. In the often recalled words of Schwarzenegger: "Two mwore. I want to see two mwore."

I´m done with Cusco, but Lima is long trip, best suited to an overnight. I can´t do anything withg my days now anyway - it´s Portugal vs. Czech Republic at 1345. Touristing is largely going to be on hiatus for now.


It seems Cusco is is celebrating something everyday this month. The main square ir cordened off to traffic and full of specatators watching people dancing about in colourful costumes. There´s elaborate paper mache floats depicting Incas, what looks like Iron Maiden´s Eddie, and my favourite, a guinea pig humping another guinea pig.


The football is disappointing. I don´t like the Portuguese. They are very greasy, both in appeareance and in style of play. The ale is in the English pub, where I´m watching the game, is also disappointing. It´s coming out of a tap, (not a pump,) as cold as lager. It improves as it comes towards the right temperature, but I don´t have that kind of time. Actually I do, but I don´t like the waiting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment