Friday 7 September 2012

Day Tripper

News has arrived from England and not all is well. Unfortunately for us, this unpleasantness will require Andy to return home, which effectively ends our trip.

Neither of us are best pleased, but we´ve no options. It will be a week before he´s able to return to England, and that means we can at least get a little sailing done in the interim.

We´ll head to Aviles tomorrow, and Andy offers the job of skipper for this leg of the journey to me. My Day Skipper theory was back in November and has since gone untouched. The method for calculating tide heights in a secondary port don´t exactly rush back to me. With a little help, I manage to scrap together a passage plan, identify window of opportunity and get idea of the pilotage into Avilés. I´m sure I could just wing it, if need be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment