Wednesday 19 September 2012

Mortal Kombat

I don't consider this a holiday and don't feel a great need to 'tourist' the city. I'm rarely interested to be in any one place for more than two days, much less somewhere I've already been. I should only be passing through, but still there's no solid news from the boat.

The one thing I am interested in is seeing a bullfight - the ultimate battle of Man Vs. Food. Alas, my time here will, or at least should, narrowly miss the next one. I settle for the tour. I'm pleased to find I can understand the best part of Spanish spoken tour, but I'm drifting in and out.

Apparently, the matadors canter about the ring on horseback and jab the bull with pointy sticks for a little while before, in my mind at least, someone shouts "FINISH HIM!", the fatality is performed, then, presumably, the same chap yells "FLAWLESS VICTORY".

No comments:

Post a Comment