Thursday 13 September 2012

Sledgehammer

I´ve impressed myself, by completing  my comic book, El Poderoso Thor, front to back. I´m not certain that I understood the storyline, but I suspect I do and it simply is a stupid as I think it is. Why was Loki hanging out with the Silver Surfer? And why is The Mighty Thor, God of Thunder, a human doctor transformed by picking up Mjölnir the Hammer. I think the Swedes might beg to differ.

I´ve struggled to find a book about sailing. I don´t know how to use a book shop. Why are all the books stood upright so that I can´t read the spines? Outside one shop, there´s a small stack of old books on sale for a Euro each. I spot one, illustrated with a fine looking schooner-rigged galleon and a lady-vampire-werewolf - El Velero de Los Vampiros. This is certainly worth a Euro.

The book introduces the characters in the opening page and tells of tale involving no less than un borracho que ha hecho de todo and un invisible lobo de mar. Do all books features well-travelled drunks and invisible sea dogs? What have I been missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment